Blend Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company discovering new classes of medicines to treat debilitating diseases. We are pioneering an integrative way to discover molecular entities with new mechanisms of action purposely designed for our proprietary nanoparticles. By synergistically developing new molecules and the most efficient drug delivery mechanisms together we can make medicines more targeted, effective and tolerable.
Our initial focus is on cancer therapies that uniquely target tumors with improved potency and reduced toxicity. Blend Therapeutics has built impressive capabilities in developing new chemical entities and drug delivery approaches towards achieving the goal of targeted therapies.
Our product development team is looking to expand our internal capabilities in formulation design and development. We seek candidates from diverse backgrounds who are passionate about developing integrated, mechanistically engineered nanomedicines that will result in important drugs for the treatment of cancer. The ideal candidate would be a part of a group that interfaces materials science, formulation design and characterization, and process development for the manufacture of novel drug products, from preclinical research through clinical development.
- BS, MS, or PhD in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, or related a field with 5+ (BS) or 1+ (MS) or 0-3 (PhD) years of relevant industry experience.
- Knowledge of nanotechnology and understanding of nanoparticle formulation process including emulsions, filtration and purification is desirable
- Additional experience working with polymers, peptides, and injectable drug formulations is desired.
- Expertise in DSC, TGA, GPC, and characterization of nanoparticle properties such as particle size, zeta potential, drug loading and release is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, verify and interpret laboratory data.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Successful candidates will have the following credentials:
- Basic knowledge and understanding of pharmaceutical formulation and pre-formulation processes.
- Enthusiasm to learn and implement new laboratory processes and methods.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to contribute towards team success.
- Excellent planning, organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and change gears quickly.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter describing why you should be considered for the Senior Research Associate/Scientist I position to: Email: email@example.com
Blend Therapeutics Inc., 134 Coolidge Avenue, Watertown, MA 02472
Blend Therapeutics does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Blend Therapeutics’ approved agency list.
Blend Therapeutics is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Blend Therapeutics, Inc., is a biopharmaceutical company discovering and developing two distinct classes of targeted anti-cancer medicines to advance the treatment of patients with solid tumor cancers. Blend’s pipeline, includes BTP-277 and other novel miniaturized biologic drug conjugates from the company’s proprietary Pentarin™ platform as well as its lead drug candidate, BTP-114, a novel, personalized cisplatin prodrug derived from the company’s R&D heritage in platinum drugs.
The Cell Biologist will report to a Senior Scientist in the biology group, the incumbent will support in vitro biology by carrying out cell based assays to support lead candidate selection, mechanism of action studies, biomarker identification, as well as resistance mechanisms across multiple cutting edge programs.
- Contribute as needed to support Blend programs including contributing scientifically to project direction
- Perform cell based assays such as cell proliferation, cell signaling, reporter assays and downstream assays such as ELISA and Western Blotting
- Analyze experimental findings using statistical methods, databases or other tools
- Stay current on relevant scientific literature
- Communicate and present findings internally to project teams
- Work closely with cross-functional team members
Education & Requirements
We are seeking a highly motivated and proactive individual to join our dynamic team. Education requirements: B.S. in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry, or a related field required. A minimum 1-5 years’ experience in a research setting as a full time employee, level will be commensurate with experience. Strong background in cell based assays and assay development desired. Experience with target identification, validation and screening is strongly desired. Candidate has a proven ability to work independently with excellent teamwork, organizational and communication skills. Oncology experience is highly preferable but not required.
Blend Therapeutics, Inc. is a vibrant, entrepreneurial EEO employer committed to a diverse and dynamic workplace. Blend offers a competitive benefits package.