Blend Therapeutics is seeking high-energy, talented people who want to work in a collaborative team environment to discover and develop innovative new medicines that will make a meaningful difference for patients.
Blend Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical company discovering new classes of medicines to treat debilitating diseases. We are pioneering an integrative way to discover molecular entities with new mechanisms of action purposely designed for our proprietary nanoparticles. By synergistically developing both the molecule and the nanoparticle together we can make medicines more targeted, effective and tolerable.
Working at the interface of formulation and analytical development to provide analytical tools and support chemistry, process and formulation development at Blend.
- Assay development and sample analysis using analytical techniques like HPLC and LC/MS
- Development and characterization of nanoparticle formulations for lead compounds.
- Designing and conducting laboratory experiments
- Executing various analytical techniques/tests and interpreting experimental results conducted toward physicochemical characterization of drug product
- Maintaining accurate records of experiments and making well structured, data driven decisions
- Communicating results effectively.
Degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical science, biochemistry, or related scientific discipline with related laboratory experience, including design and execution of related experiments, as noted below:
BS with 6+, MS with 3+ or PhD with 0-2 years of experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of analytical methods development for small molecules and peptides.
- Knowledge of nanotechnology and understanding of nanoparticle formulation process including emulsions, filtration and purification.
- Additional experience working with polymers, peptides, and lipids formulations.
- Expertise in DSC, TGA, GPC, and characterization of nanoparticle properties such as particle size, zeta potential, drug loading and release is desired.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze, verify and manipulate laboratory data.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
Blend Therapeutics is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, gender, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation or any characteristic protected under applicable law.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter describing why you should be considered for the Scientist I position to: Beata Sweryda-Krawiec, Senior Scientist, email@example.com
Blend Therapeutics, Inc., 134 Coolidge Ave., Watertown, MA 02472
Blend Therapeutics is seeking a student for a summer internship in Formulation Development at its Watertown, MA facility. As a Formulation Development intern, you will experience the role of a full-time R&D scientist and participate on our innovative projects teams. Our internship program provides you with the opportunity to experience the environment of a small biotech company and gain experience across multiple functional areas at the forefront of drug development. You will have the opportunity to work on formulations for novel chemical entities, primarily focused on designing and characterizing novel drug nanoparticles, developing skills in formulation, analytics, nanoparticle design and characterization.
- Candidates must be working towards the completion of a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in a Science or Engineering discipline. Degrees focused in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Science, Materials Science, Engineering, and related subjects are preferred.
Successful candidates will have the following credentials:
- Some knowledge and/or interest with polymeric materials and novel drug delivery technologies (e.g. nanoparticles) are desired.
- Enthusiasm to learn and implement new laboratory processes and methods
- Strong interpersonal skills with the desire to contribute towards team success
- Excellent planning, organization and communication skills.
- Demonstrate effective time management and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and change gears quickly.
Please send your resume and a brief cover letter describing why you should be considered for this internship position to; Patrick Lim Soo, Senior Scientist, firstname.lastname@example.org
Blend Therapeutics, Inc., 134 Coolidge Ave., Watertown, MA